Santa Fe, Bandelier & Los Alamos 1:35,000 & 1:37,500 scale
All new map breaks fresh ground in New Mexican cartography. The map combines the complex topography of Santa Fe with the dramatic mesa and canyon country of world famous Bandelier and Los Alamos to the west. Frijoles Canyon in Bandelier is just perfect, and worth long hikes. Pueblo Canyon in Los Alamos is a lot of fun. The mighty Winsor trail climbs from Santa Fe over the Sangres through fine country. In short, you should see the map to see the amazing territory covered.
Extensive field scouting and research went into designing this map. The result is an accurate and up-to-date trail map packed with information. Several trails are published here for the first time. Historical routes are also shown.
- Each Map offers ideal coverage and a good value.
- Shading tints and contours enhance elevation cues and organize complex terrain.
- Trail rating symbols. Trails rated Â“difficultÂ”, Â“moderateÂ”, and Â“easyÂ” allowing people to plan the difficulty of their outing. Key roads are also rated for road biking and mountain biking.
- Singletrack symbols for mountain biking.
- Trail mileage shown between junctions.
- 35 trail descriptions including directions, trail lengths, elevation gains, noteworthy features and more.
- Historic routes shown for reference.
- Ideal contour levels (80 feet) set to improve visualization of terrain forms and maximize elevation information. Additional key spot elements provided for reference.
- Careful mapping and graphic stressing of natural hydrography to improve comprehension of the terrain forms. Several waterfalls and cascades published here for the first time.
- Full UTM grid for easy use with GPS receivers.
- Printed on waterproof, tear-tough material for years of hands-on use.